Arc Tangent to Line
Creates an arc tangent to a line.
- Select the existing line to which you want the arc to be tangent. The tangent circle, from which the arc will be cut, extends from the point you selected.
- Select the centerpoint of the circle, or enter the radius, diameter, or circumference in the Inspector Bar. (If you use the Inspector Bar and then press Enter, you will not be able to reposition the circle.)The circle will be created from the point you selected on the line.
- Move the mouse to position the circle, on either side of the line.
- A dotted line appears from the centerpoint. Move the cursor to set the arc start angle, or enter the angle in the Inspector Bar.
- Move the cursor counterclockwise to draw the arc, or enter the end angle or arc length in the Inspector Bar.