(Available only in Pro Platinum)
Default UI Menu: Modify/Modify 3D Objects/Facet Editing/Facet Offset
Ribbon UI Menu:
Extends a solid face inward or outward.
- Start with a solid object. This example is a Simple Extrude based on a polyline.
- Activate Facet Offset and select the solid. Then select the face or faces you want to offset.
- Enter the Offset distance - a positive value will offset the face outward, and a negative value will offset inward. Select Finish to offset the faces.
- The faces are moved outward.
Note:If the Offset distance will produce a geometrically incorrect solid, or will make the solid disappear, the action will be ignored.
- Offset faces do not have to be planar. In this example, select the curved face.
- Use a negative Offset and select Finish.
The face moves inward.
If the Part History is activate, you can edit the offsets after they are created.