Arc Tangent to Arc
Creates an arc tangent to an arc, circle, or ellipse.
- Select the existing arc, circle, or ellipse to which you want the arc to be tangent. The tangent circle, from which the arc will be cut, extends from the point you selected.
- Select the center point of the tangent circle, or enter the radius, diameter, or circumference in the Inspector Bar. (If you use the Inspector Bar and then press Enter, you will not be able to reposition the circle.)The circle will be created from the point you selected on the tangent object.
- Move the mouse to position the circle, either inside or outside the tangent object.
- A dotted line appears from the center point. Move the cursor to set the arc start angle, or enter the angle in the Inspector Bar.
- Move the cursor counterclockwise to draw the arc, or enter the end angle or arc length in the Inspector Bar.