Default UI Menu: Modify/Modify 3D Objects/Bending/Tube Flange
Ribbon UI Menu:
Adds a bend onto a solid (ACIS) cylinder.
- Start with a cylinder, and activate Tube Flange. Select the cylinder you want to bend. The next click defines the end where the flange will be added.
- The next click defines the, which defines the direction of the bend, relative to the axis of the cylinder.
- This angle can be set in the Inspector Bar as well. You can also define the Radius and Angle here.
The Neutral Depth is the distance into the depth of material, along which there will be no tension or compression. Flange Length is the length of the new material beyond the current end of the cylinder. The preview shows how the final result will look. You can still make changes to any value in the Inspector Bar.
- Select Finish from the local menu or Inspector Bar to complete the bend.
- You can use this tool multiple times on the same cylinder.