In order to connect data from tables to graphic objects it is necessary to create Link Templates. Link templates set a pattern that defines which the data elements will be linked from the table and associated with designated graphic objects. To Create a New Link Template:
- Select a table in the DataSources tree.
- Right-click and select New Link Template, or click the . The New Link Template dialog will appear.
- Type in a name for the link template, and then click OK.
The Link Template Edit dialog will appear.
Select the Key Columns. These are used to define link information data for linked graphics.
Select the Value Columns. These values will be set as custom properties of the object.
The created link template will be attached to current active drawing.
To Edit a Link Template:
- Select the template in the DataSources tree.
- Right-click and select Edit. The Link Template Edit dialog will appear.
- Make the required changes, and then click OK.
To Remove a Link Template:
Select the template in the DataSources tree.
Right-click and select Delete.
Warning: The link template will be immediately deleted. Removing a link template leads to removing all graphic links bound to it.
- You will be prompted to confirm the deletion.