Default UI Menu: Constraints/Change Chirality
Ribbon UI Menu:
This constraint tool provides two options for correcting tangency of arcs. This tool is useful if arc tangency becomes skewed when applying other constraint, or when editing causes an arc to flip.
- Start with two lines and an arc like these.
- Apply a Connect constraint at both ends of the arc so that it is tangent to, and trimmed to, both lines. If you want a filleted corner, this result does not have the desired arc tangency.
- The first option is Flip Arc, which changes the arc to its complement. Select this option . . .
- . . . and select the arc. The tangency along the vertical line is fixed, but is still incorrect along the horizontal line.
- The other option is Change Chirality, which changes the arc orientation. Select this option . . .
- . . . and select the arc.
- Then select the line whose tangency you want to keep - the vertical line.
This is the result - a filleted corner.