Add backgrounds, clip art, images, text, and other objects to create your projects.
1. Right-clicking on an empty page canvas brings up paste options. Fig 9.1
Fig 9.1: Right-Click Options
2. Right-click on an object to bring up the following options:
· Bring to Front – Places the object on top of all other objects.
· Send to Back – Places the object behind all other objects.
· Bring Forward – Moves the object up one layer.
· Send Backward – Pushes the object back one layer.
3. Align: Provides the following options for aligning objects with each other, or the page:
· Top ‐ Aligns all selected objects to the top‐most object on the page.
· Middle ‐ Lines up the vertical middle of each selected object.
· Bottom ‐ Aligns all selected objects to the bottom‐most object on the page.
· Left ‐ Align all selected objects to the leftmost object on the page.
· Center ‐ Lines up the horizontal center of each selected object.
· Right ‐ Aligns all selected objects to the right‐most object on the page.
· Center Vertical ‐ Places all selected objects in the vertical center of the page.
· Center Horizontal‐Places all selected objects in the horizontal center of the
· Space Evenly – Horizontal – Horizontally spaces each object equal distances.
· Space Evenly – Vertical – Vertically spaces each object equal distances.
4. Group: Fixes the position of objects in relation to one another so that they can be moved, resized, and rotated without changing their position relative to each other:
· Mirror Group – Mirrors all objects in the selected group horizontally.
· Flip Group – Flips all objects in the selected group vertically.
· Ungroup – Returns a group of objects to individual objects.
5. Round Corners: It allows you to toggle each corner of the image to round or sharp.
6. Set Photo as Background: Sets the selected photo as the page background.
7. Rip Photo Edges: Randomly rips one or more edges of the selected photo.
8. Attach to Shape: Select both a text box and a shape by holding shift, the text will then fill the shape.
9. Detach from Shape: Removes the text from an attached “text to shape” object.
10. Hi-Res Preview: Shows a print quality preview of the selected object.
11. Cut: Removes a page object from the page, but saves it in memory.
12. Copy: Saves a page object in memory.
13. Paste: Paste the page object onto the page. Posted objects will be slightly offset.
14. Edit Object: Object size, location, and information. It also lets you adjust the size.
15. Delete: Removes a page object from the page.
16. Lock Object: Locks the object so that it cannot be edited.
17. Unlock page Object: If you right-click on a locked object, you may unlock it to edit it.
18. Span Pages: If you have page spreads enabled: Use this feature to allow the image to span between pages, rather than being cut when it reaches the edge of the canvas.
· Double-click a photo to open the crop function.
· Double-click a photo box, to add a photo to the empty box.
· Double-click a clip art or shape to bring up object settings.
· Double-click a text box to edit the text.
· Double-click a headline to edit the headline.
· Double-click a calendar to open the Calendar Settings window.
Double-click a paint box to add new brush lines or erase.