Fig 9.4: Menus
- PrintMaster 2022 menu (Windows only): About PrintMaster 2022– Copyright and version information.
· Preferences: Change default program settings.
· Services: Services for an operating system.
· Hide PrintMaster 2022: Hide the PrintMaster 2022 program from view.
· Hide Others: Hide all other open window applications from view.
· Show All: Displays all hidden windows.
· Quit PrintMaster 2022: Quits PrintMaster 2022.
2. File menu:
· New Project: Closes the current project, and opens the new project window.
· Open Project: Closes the current project and display options for opening an existing project.
· Recent Projects: Displays a list of recently opened projects. Click on a project to open it.
· Closure Project: Closes the current project.
· Save: Writes the project in its current state to disk.
· Save As: Writes the project’s current state to disk in a custom location with a new name.
· Save Photo Layout: Create a layout for later use, using the current photo and text boxes.
· Delete Project: Delete a project permanently from your hard disk.
· Rename Project: Rename the currently opened project.
· Find Projects: Searches your computer for PrintMaster 2022 projects.
· Print Setup: Opens the Page Setup window.
· Print: Opens a print window for printing the project or individual pages.
· Export: Opens a window for exporting the project or individual pages in various formats.
· Exit: Closes the current project and quits PrintMaster 2022.
3. Edit menu:
· Undo: Cancels the last operation.
· Redo: Reverses the effect of the undo operation.
· Cut: Removes a page object from the page, but saves it in memory.
· Copy: Saves a page object in memory so that it may be pasted to another location.
· Paste: Adds the object from memory to the page (the object will be slightly offset).
· Paste in Place: Add the object from memory to the page without an offset.
· Clear: Permanently deletes a page object from the page.
· Edit Object: Displays object size and info. It also lets you adjust the size.
· Text Options: Update the case of selected text boxes. (UPPER, lower, Title, Sentence).
· Delete Object: Removes the selected page object from the page.
· Lock Object: Object cannot be edited or deleted.
· Unlock All Page Objects: Unlocks all objects on the current page for editing.
· Delete Shadow: Removes the shadow from the selected page object.
· Delete Page: Removes the currently selected page from the project.
· Find/Replace: Search and replace words in the project.
· Project Properties: Displays the Project Properties dialog.
· Change Project Size/Type: Change the current project to a different type and/or size.
· Convert to Full Avery Sheet: Create a compatible Avery template.
· Preferences: Opens the Preferences dialog to customize default program settings.
4. Arrange menu:
· Order: Adjusts the layer order of objects on the current project page.
· Align: Brings objects into alignment with each other or the page.
· Group: Fixes the position of objects red-eye one another.
· Ungroup: Returns a group of objects to individual objects.
· Select All: Selects all objects on the current page.
· Select All Clip Art: Same as Select All, except that it only selects clip art on the page.
· Change Background Paper: Allows you to choose the background for the current page.
· Page Numbering: Add or customize page numbers in the project.
5. Insert menu:
· Add Page: Creates a new page in the project.
· Add Other Template Pages: Add a set of select template pages.
· Import from My Projects: Add pages from other projects to the current project.
· Fast Fill Photos: Add a group of photos to empty photo boxes in the project automatically.
· Add Photo: Choose a photo (JPG or PNG) to add to the current page.
· Add Clip Art: Opens a window for selecting clip art to add to the current page.
· Add Text: Places a text box on the current page.
· Add Headline: Places a headline box on the current page.
· Add Shape or Line: Displays a list of shapes that can be added to the current page.
· Add Online Content: Displays items that are available at http://www.printmasterpacks.com/
6. View menu:
· View Project: Displays a preview of the way the project will appear in print.
· Bleed Area: Displays a darkened area around the page that may be cut when printed.
· Die lines: Hide/show cut and fold lines or instructions.
· Show Guides: Allows you to add guides to your page for easy alignment.
· Snap to Guides: Aligns objects to the guide when they are moved.
· Snap to Page Objects: Aligns object edge with other object edges on-page.
· Rulers: Displays rulers along the top and left the side of the page.
· Canvas Zoom: Opens a drop-down menu allowing you to zoom in or out.
· Page Spreads-Displays two pages side by side for easier editing and overlap.
· Previous Page: Selects and displays the previous page in the project.
· Next Page: Selects and display the next page in the project.
· Hide/Show Toolbar: Hides or displays the toolbar across the top of the interface.
· Hide/Show Design tools: Hides or displays the design tools on the left of the interface.
· Hide/Show Page Thumbnails: Hides or displays the page thumbs on the bottom.
· Hide/Show Resource Gallery: Hides or displays the gallery on the right of the interface.
· Master Page: Master overlay page, items added to the master are displayed on all pages.
7. Check the Project menu:
· Check Page for Errors: Checks for problems on the current page and displays a list of results.
· Check Project for Errors: Checks project for problems and displays a list of results.
· Check Spelling: Checks project for spelling errors and suggests changes.
· Lock Page: Page cannot be changed or deleted when locked.
8. Share Project menu:
· Print at Home: Opens the print wizard for printing to a connected home printer.
· Export: Prepares the project to be output to JPEG, PNG, PDF, or SVG files.
· Order Photo Album: Opens professionally print book upload window.
· Order Calendar: Opens professionally print calendar upload window.
9. Help menu:
· Search: Quickly search the User Guide for keyword related topics.
· PrintMaster 2022 Help: Opens the PrintMaster 2022 topics, and index help system.
· Check for Updates: Check for and install the latest version update.
· User Guide: Opens a PDF printable document for using PrintMaster.
· Browse Online Content: Opens http://www.printmasterpacks.com/
· Video Tutorials: Website with video tutorials and other helpful resources.
About PrintMaster 2022: Displays copyright and version information for PrintMaster 2022.