There are three methods for adding a photo to a page:
Photo Box Method - Use this method to replace a dark gray photo template box on a project page.
Direct Method - Use this method to add a photo directly to a page, whether the page has photo boxes or not.
FastFill - Use this method to automatically fill empty photo boxes in your project with a group of photos of your choice.
Photo File Formats and Recommendations
The Print Shop for Macintosh accepts most standard photo file formats (.jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp, and .tif). You can also add PSD (Photoshop) files to your projects. Please note that the layers in a PSD will be flattened.
|File Format:||JPEG (.jpg)|
|Quality:||Medium to high|
|Size:||1600 by 1200 pixels or larger recommended|
Note 1: To preserve transparency in image files, save the file in PNG format from your image editor.
Note 2: The Print Shop for Macintosh ignores embedded color profiles; photos with color profiles may not appear as expected in The Print Shop for Macintosh. Please save a copy without the color profile for use in The Print Shop for Macintosh.
Photo Box Method
To replace the dark gray photo box on a page with a photo:
- Double-click on the photo box.
- In the Add Photo window, use the top of the window to browse to the folder with your photos, either by double-clicking the names of folders to open them, or by clicking on the drop-down menu near the top of the window.
- To select a photo, double-click the thumbnail of the photo on the right side of the window, or click on it once and then click the OK button.
- The photo will appear in the Photo Editor.
To add a photo or graphic to a blank page or to add extra photos to a template page:
- Click on the Add Photo icon or choose Insert > Add Photo from the menu. Alternately, drag and drop photos from the Resource Gallery. See the Resource Gallery topic for more information.
- In the Add Photos window, use the top of the window to browse to the folder with your photos, either by double-clicking the names of folders to open them, or by clicking on the drop-down menu near the top of the window.
- To choose a photo, double-click the thumbnail of the photo on the right side of the window, or click on it once and then click the OK button.
- The photo or graphic will appear in the middle of the page. To resize it, drag one of the light gray handles (small boxes) at the edge of the photo. Corner handles resize the photo proportionally, while side handles stretch out a single edge.
- To move the photo, click in the middle of the photo and hold the mouse button down as you drag the photo to a new location.
The Organize Photos window allows you to add more photos, remove, rearrange, or rotate photos.
- Click on the Add Photos button to add more photos.
- To remove a photo from the album, click on the photo thumbnail in the preview pane and then click on the Remove button.
- Photos will be placed s in the order that they appear in the preview pane. To rearrange photos, click on a photo thumbnail, hold the mouse button down, and drag the photo to a new position. A green line will show where the photo will be placed.
- If a photo is sideways, click on its thumbnail in the preview pane and then click the Rotate 90° button. To select and rotate multiple pictures, hold down the Ctrl key (Command key on the Mac) as you click on the thumbnails.
- To quickly sort all of the photos by the name of the photo or chronologically, click on the Name or Date button.
Click the Finish button when you have finished adding and organizing photos. The Print Shop for Macintosh will now add all of the photos to the project. Check each page carefully after it has completed. Some photos may require adjusting to display properly. See the Crop topic for more information.