Dynamic Cut Plane
(Available only in Platinum)
Default UI Menu: View/Dynamic Cut Plane
Ribbon UI Menu:
The Dynamic Cut Plane allows you to interactively create a cross section view of 3D objects. The Dynamic Cut Plane menu is accessed via the View menu.
To Use the Dynamic Cut Plane tool.
- Go to View | Dynamic Cut Plane| Add
This will make the Cut Plane appear.
- Go to View | Dynamic Cut Plane and make sure that Show is selected/highlighted.
- Go to View | Dynamic Cut Plane and select XYPlane/XZPlane/YZPlane according to what you require.
- Go to View | Dynamic Cut Plane| Edit
- Use the Selector to drag the Cutplane graphic laterally way from the object you want to view. This will give you a clear view of the object.
- You can now use the selector to move and rotate the Cut Plane to generate dynamic cross-sections.
To Remove a Cutplane
- Go to View | Dynamic Cut Plane.
- Click Remove.
You can manage the appearance of the Dynamic Cut Plane by going to Options | Drawing Setup Dynamic Cut Plane .
- Active: If there is an active Cut Plane this is checked. If this is unchecked the active workplane will be removed.
- Show: Sets whether the active Cut Plane is visible.
- Cut section color: Sets the color of objects where they are cut.
- Filling pattern style: Enables user to select one of the predefined filling pattern styles.
- Predefined planes: Enables user to select one of the predefined cut planes.
- Color: Sets the color of the cut plane.
- Transparency: Sets the transparency level (0 - 1). 0 = No transparency, 1 = Totally transparent.
- Show border: Sets whether the border of the cut plane is shown.
- Auto-update in accordance with drawing extents: Sets the extent of the cutting plane to update as the drawing extents changes.