Inserting 2D Objects
(Available in all DoubleCAD Variants)
The Draw menu contains all of the DoubleCAD drawing tools.
Note: The tools covered in this section are 2D.
You can set object properties before they are created, or modify properties of existing objects. Before creating 2D objects, it is a good idea to familiarize yourself with the following concepts:
- See Coordinate Systems
- See Snaps
- See Snap Modes
- See Construction Geometry
For most objects, you can define size and location by using the cursor, or by specifying exact sizes or dimensions. See and Coordinate Fields
LTE Type Objects
In the LTE Workspace 2D tools behave with slight differences to standard DoubleCAD methods.
- They allow use of dynamic input.
- They automatically drop when the action is completed, whereas standard TC tools continue until you change the tool.
- They have a Multiple option (local menu) that turns off auto-dropping for the individual tool.
- You can complete drop the tool by pressing the either the Enter or Space keys.
- You can re-activate the tool by pressing the Space Key again.