Adding The U.S International Keyboard
To activate the U.S. International Keyboard in Windows operating systems, follow these steps:
- Use the steps above to activate the Language Bar.
- From the Start menu, select Control Panels.
- Click the Regional and Language Options icon.
- Click the Languages tab at the top of the window and then click the Details button.
- Click the Add button to open the Add Input Language window.
- Select English (United States) from the Input Language pull‐down list and United States‐
International from the Keyboard IME pull‐down list. Click OK to save your settings and exit.
- You should see the new language preference for your keyboard listed in the Installed Services tab of the Settings dialog box. If you want the added language to be the default language, then
choose that language from the Default Input Language pull‐down list. Click OK to return to the Regional Options dialog box.
- Click OK to exit.