The Contact tab of the Add New Contact dialog box is used to record and maintain the person's name and their e-mail address and telephone/pager number(s). It can also be used to dial the indicated number automatically or send e-mail.
To access the Contact tab:
- Select New Contact from the Address menu, or simply double-click in an empty area of the address list.
The Add New Contact dialog box displays.
The First, Last, Middle, and Prefix fields are used to indicate the name of the contact, for example, Mr. Robert Henry Littleton. Use the Nickname field to enter the person's nickname, if it applies (For example, Bob). Enter as much information as you like in these fields.
Below the name fields are the e-mail and phone/pager lists. They maintain the contact person's e-mail addresses and phone/pager numbers, respectively. Use the Send and Dial buttons to relay this information to your e-mail software or your modem.
To add e-mail information follow these steps:
- Click the Add button beside the E-Mail List or simply double-click in an empty area in the list.
- Enter the e-mail information and address, then click the OK button to save the data.
The data displays in the E-Mail Description and Address fields on the Contact tab. Repeat as needed to add additional addresses.
To add telephone/pager number information:
- Click the Add button beside the Phone/Pager list or simply double-click in an empty area in the list.
- Enter the desired telephone/pager information in the appropriate fields, then click OK to save the data.
The data displays in the Description and Phone Number fields in the Phone/Pager list. Repeat as needed to add additional numbers.