Advanced Filtering for Your Task List
The Task Filter feature helps you locate a specific task or a group of tasks in your list using more than one criterion or a criterion other than Category. When you filter tasks by one or more criteria, the results will be displayed in the task list until you switch the view back to "All" or another view.
The Task Filter box can be used to filter tasks by:
- Due Date Range
- Start Date Range
- Text in the Description Field
To filter your task list:
- Select Filter from the Tasks menu, or click the triangle in the top left corner of the Task List and select Filter from the drop-down menu that displays. This displays the Task Filter dialog box.
- Select one or more check boxes to filter your tasks. Enter the information that defines your advanced filter criteria.
- Click OK to continue and your task list displays with the filtered results.
To select two criteria (such as To Do tasks that are due during a specific time period):
- In the Task Filter dialog box, select the Category check box, and select To Do from the category list.
- Select the Due Date From check box and enter a range of dates (for example, June 1 -August 31).
- Click OK. The task list displays with the filtered results and the category name will appear as the label next to the triangle. (For example, only To Do tasks due to be completed between June 1 and August 31 will be displayed in your task list.)